As many businesses are facing the prospect of leaner budgets, often one of the first areas to be reduced is advertising. Whether you face reduced budgets or not, ensuring your marketing dollars are working hard to bring more incoming leads to your business is essential. This paper reviews seven easy-to-implement advertising tactics will affect your ROI, in a positive way.
Advertising in 2012:
This year you may have a stronger focus on improving the ROI of your business’ marketing and advertising investments.
As many businesses are facing the prospect of leaner budgets, often one of the first areas to be reduced is advertising. Unfortunately, reducing the advertising budget is an unavoidable reality for many, making it all the more important to ensure that those remaining ad dollars are going as far as possible.
Whether you face reduced budgets or not, ensuring your marketing dollars are working hard to bring more incoming leads to your business is essential.
There are seven easy-to-implement ways that your advertising strategy will affect your ROI, in a positive way.
The 7 Ideas:
1. Commit to an advertising campaign that integrates several media formats, but maintains the same call-to-action throughout all pieces of the campaign.
2. Clearly state a call-to-action – what it is that you want people to do. For instance, “Call 1-800-NEW-SKILLS to learn more about our accelerated culinary programs. An admissions specialist will guide you towards the appropriate program based on your desired career path, and offer you with a free consultation to find the best program for your culinary passions. Acquire new skills to set you on the path to success – call 1-800-NEW-SKILLS today.”
- Consumers have a 75% Average Higher Recall Rate of Vanity 800 Numbers over Numeric Toll-free Phone Numbers
- 57% of Consumers Prefer Dialing a Vanity 800 Number to a Local Numeric Phone Number
3. Use a direct-response tool in all pieces of the campaign that is easy for buyers to remember and easy to track, like a toll-free vanity 800 number (1-800-NEW-CAREER) with call tracking services.
4. Analyze the response rates to your overall advertising efforts by monitoring your campaigns and accessing call tracking to measure how many calls come into your admissions department as a result of your ad buys.
5. Track the cost-per-lead of your advertising campaigns based on the cost of the overall campaign versus the number of leads the campaign generates. This is easy with a call tracking system. Most vanity 800 number and call tracking providers offer a campaign summary tool. Simply plug in the campaign spend numbers and as calls come in, the tracking system automatically calculates your cost-per-lead.
6. Build a strong lead database, learn more about your prospects, and market directly to these contacts. Research tells us that people are not only using the Internet to research continuing education programs. A toll-free service with a call tracking system will capture each incoming caller’s name, address, and demographic profile, including average home value and household income based on the caller’s location.
7. Stay top-of-mind. Instead of a one-time splash, develop campaigns that keep your name in the market place, and in front of people on a regular basis. If you have to cut back somewhere, buy smaller newspaper ads, mail post cards instead of letters, run shorter radio and television spots during non-peak hours. Smaller ads and shorter spots allow you to stretch budgets and maintain a presence in the media for a longer period of time. And, repetition is the key to retention!
- Consumers have a 57.6% Average Higher Recall Rate of Vanity 800 Numbers over URLs
- How a Vanity 800 Number will Help Your Business Achieve a Better ROI
Year-after-year, consumers’ actions and preferences continue to show that it is important for companies to provide a way for people to contact them for a live communication interaction, whether with sales or customer service departments.
Numerous business case studies and market research surveys show that the effective use of vanity 800 numbers in advertising can substantially increase consumer response rates compared to numeric phone numbers and website addresses (URLs).
Despite the continuing emergence of social media outlets to advertise and communicate, research has shown that 90% of people say they still want their inquiries handled by live representatives over the telephone as opposed to Twitter®, Facebook®, or other communication avenues. Online communication services do not always provide as much information as a live person, and cannot fix problems the way a call-center representative can. This is good news for businesses that use a phone number in their advertising campaigns as a response and lead-generation tool.
Furthermore, it is reported that 65% of businesses rate phone calls as their highest quality lead source. With consumer reliance on toll-free numbers to contact businesses, and the fact that they prefer to have live communication with businesses, these consumer response tools will remain key components in advertising campaigns to reach consumers and generate response.
- In Visual Media, Consumers have a 78% Average Higher Recall Rate of Vanity 800 Numbers over URLs
- In Broadcast Media, Consumers have a 50.8% Average Higher Recall Rate of Vanity 800 Numbers over URLs
800response is the leading provider of true vanity 800 numbers, and web-based marketing technology tools including sophisticated Call Routing platforms, real-time Call Tracking, and Call Monitoring services like Call Recording and CallFinder® speech analytics. For more information on our inventory of vanity 800 numbers and suite of tracking and monitoring services, call 1-800-NEW-SALE and visit 800response.com.
Copyright © 2012, 800response. All rights reserved.