Nissan® dealership – Southeast
Background / Challenge:
The client’s first call when he became the owner of a dealership was to 800response to activate a vanity 800 number. He knew, from using a vanity number as GM for six years at a previous dealership, that they drive more incoming calls to the Sales and Service departments.
Reinforce the featured manufacturer’s brand on the lot, and increase call traffic coming into the dealership.
Activate a vanity 800 number that aligns with the manufacturer’s brand to feature in advertising campaigns, with the technology to record calls to analyze the nature of inquiries, measure sales performance, and advertising campaign successes.
The Nissan dealership uses their vanity 800 number exclusively in their television advertising. According to the dealership owner, “We use 800-SHOP-NISSAN in our TV campaigns because it drives more calls into the dealership. For our sales team, having a phone conversations with a potential buyer is a more direct way to build a relationship than when we receive other types of leads, like contact forms or even live chats.”
Increase Valuable Leads:
1. Receives over 80 incoming calls to 1-800-SHOP-NISSAN each month.
2. Uses the vanity number and call tracking reports to closely track response rates based on inbound phone calls.
3. Has the ability to test and measure different calls-to-action and hooks in the ad creative.
“Once we narrow in on the ads and elements that produce the most calls, we have the data to prove which messages are most effective at generating more calls and a better advertising ROI,” says the dealership owner.
1. Checks the tracking reports monthly and focuses on the number of incoming calls, as well as the duration of the calls.
2. Monitors unique callers to measure the success of the various creative used in the TV campaign.
“Each month, we consult the call tracking reports to monitor the number of calls that come into the Sales department, and we can tie those calls, and resulting sales, back to the TV campaign using the data to prove the source of the call,” says the owner.
Extract Customer Intelligence:
Most recently, the dealer activated 800response’s cloud-based call recording and speech analytics solution, CallFinder. Searches within CallFinder are set to categorize calls by departments in the dealership, such as Sales and Financing, and by advertising strategy, such as TV and Direct Mail.
1. Searches automatically categorize the number of calls the dealership receives each month related to customers’ personal finance issues, price inquiries during “out the door” promotions, general price inquiries, and calls generated by specific media efforts the dealership has invested in.
2. Provides intelligence for the dealership to quickly assess what callers are looking for, such as new vs. used cars, complaints about vehicles or the service department, trends on the source of incoming calls, mentions of competitors, and questions on financing.
3. Provides actionable data to adjust ad campaigns and pricing strategies to stay relevant in the market.
4. Delivers data in a simple, concise way, making the dealership more efficient and profitable.
“With CallFinder set up to automatically scan and categorize our incoming calls, we are able to monitor trends in the market that are driving people to call our store, we can monitor for mentions of our competitors and pricing differences, and we have a good indication of the percentage of calls that are driven by our advertising investments,” the owner of the dealership explains.
Nissan is a registered trademark of Nissan North America. There is no relationship between 800response or any of its affiliates and the aforementioned company.